SAS Analytics 9.3 running on HP ProLiant servers with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization has been proven to provide all the benefits of virtualization with the performance of bare metal. The solution consists of HP ProLiant servers, coupled with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v6.1 and its Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM), to provide the performance needed to make a hypervisor-based virtualization technology a viable alternative to hard and soft partitioning technologies. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization on HP ProLiant servers can enable SAS customers to run their identical analytics environment at a fraction of the cost – with no compromises on performance or agility.
The advantages you receive when you work with three industry leaders like HP, Red Hat and SAS including:
- Industry-leading performance, including a record-breaking SPECvirt_sc2010 benchmark on the HP ProLiant DL980 server.
- Open source and industry-standard technology for speedy innovation with no vendor lock-in.
- Scalability of application workloads, storage, and clusters.
- Strong customer base running Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization on HP ProLiant servers
- First-class HP customer experience using SAS Software, HP hardware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization subscriptions, support, and implementation/consulting services—with HP providing a single point of purchase, contact, and accountability.