Migrate from AIX to HP-UX 11iAIX to HP-UX 11i Porting Kit and AIX to HP-UX 11i Software Transition Kit
Be future-ready with a modernised IT infrastructure with HP-UX 11i
You will be "future-ready" with a modernized IT infrastructure that allows you to capitalize on features and functions in newer versions of your critical applications.
The AIX STK provides a quick estimate of the effort required to migrate your AIX applications to HP-UX 11i along with the automation levels that can be achieved with AHPK.The AHPK provides near seamless and near 100% automated migration of your AIX applications to HP-UX 11i.
How it works
AHPK is a result of HP's commitment to make the migration experience as painless as possible for customers. It identifies the build environment and API differences between AIX and HP-UX 11i and automatically addresses them. This automation drastically reduces the time and effort it takes for AIX applications to be up and running on HP-UX 11i.
At a Glance
- Estimating migration effort: A scanner, included in AHPK, scans C and C++ sources and lists out all the changes that must be made in order to migrate to HP-UX 11i. The tool also points out changes that can be automated by AHPK.
- Addressing toolset differences: The compiler tools options in HP compilers are different from those in AIX compilers. In addition, tools such as ln and mkdir support different options. AHPK provides driver programs that translate these options from AIX to HP-UX 11i.
- Addressing API differences: Many APIs in HP-UX 11i are different from those in AIX in terms of their usage and parameters. Some AIX APIs have no equivalents in HP-UX 11i. AHPK provides a migration environment that addresses these differences.
- Addressing makefile changes: Migrating from AIX to HP-UX 11i requires manual modification of makefiles to address differences in the build environment. AHPK provides make tools that minimize such changes.
Business benefitsHP Software Transition Kits contain tools and documentation to help you transition from older to newer versions of HP-UX 11i, from Tru64 UNIX to HP-UX 11i, from Solaris to HP-UX 11i, or from Linux to HP-UX 11i.
Technology advantagesOne of the biggest benefits of using the AIX STK is that it provides a quick estimate of the effort required to migrate your AIX application. It also provides the automation level that can be achieved using HP's AIX migration toolkit (AIX to HP-UX 11i Porting Kit).
The AIX to HP-UX 11i STK assists you with questions such as:
- How can I transition my software from AIX to HP-UX 11i on the Intel® Itanium® Processor Family (IPF), the new Intel and HP architecture?
- What new features does the latest HP-UX 11i release offer, and how can I take advantage of them?
- Do I want a 32-bit or 64-bit version of my software?
How it works
At a Glance
- A set of file scanning tools with associated database and information, which check source files, makefiles, and scripts for identifiers which may indicate transition problems. These tools can also identify opportunities for using enhanced HP-UX 11i features.
- A library of reference documents and porting guides. Additional reference documents and porting information can be found on the Application Transition website.
- Man pages (reference pages) or links to man pages on HP websites.
- A search engine which searches the main pages, impacts and documents.