To get the most from Vignette's innovative, comprehensive software solutions, they must stand on a solid foundation: HP Integrity or ProLiant servers with Intel Xeon® processors-together with storage solutions from HP StorageWorks.
Their combined strength stems from the collaborative relationship among three of technology's acknowledged leaders. Engineers from Vignette, HP, and Intel work as a team to develop products that deliver integrated solution stacks, performing benchmark tests to help you plan and deploy HP server platforms with Vignette applications. In order to deliver a true end-to-end solution, HP and Vignette partner together to integrate and test Vignette applications with HP storage, HP archiving platforms, and HP Imaging and Printing devices.
A number of factors make storage an increasingly vital component of your IT. Among the most important is recent legislation that requires you to keep some records almost forever. It's therefore critical to your business that your storage solutions meet those challenges-now and over the long term.
HP StorageWorks are proven solutions that help lower your TCO while decreasing the complexity of your storage environment. Easy-to-install, easy-to-manage, and easy-to-support, HP StorageWorks are part of HP's commitment to meeting your full range of storage needs-from an entry-level modular array to an enterprise-class disk array. The HP StorageWorks disk array portfolio includes:
- HP All-in-One Storage Systems that provide simple, affordable networked storage (NAS and iSCSI SAN) with integrated data protection and simplified management.
- HP Modular Smart Arrays that delivers low-costs, scalable, high performance storage consolidation systems for entry-level to mid-range servers and Storage Area Networks (SANs).
- Enterprise Virtual Arrays that are an ideal storage solution for mid-range to enterprise-class environments needing high performance, high capacity, and high availability.
- XP Disk Arrays deliver enterprise-class storage that for mission-critical applications that require extreme reliability and availability.
Behind HP StorageWorks solutions are a range of HP Services to support you all the way from designing and deploying your solution to maintaining it 24/7. In addition, HP management software helps you align your StorageWorks solution with your real-world business needs while automating the process to minimize errors and bring your infrastructure to its full potential.
HP Integrity servers are the premier choice for your most demanding workloads and applications running HP-UX, Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, Open VMS, and Linux. HP Integrity cluster servers have been shown to have the lowest TCO when compared with the leading competitive systems. HP ProLiant servers give you an innovative, rack-optimized form factor with workhorse performance to meet the most demanding content management requirements. HP Blade System servers are the industry-leading blade architecture with reduced power consumption and cooling requirements along with advanced performance capabilities.
HP offers a number of significant advantages
Among the most important:
- Flexible capacity lets you scale up or scale out as your needs change, giving you're the robust, on-demand performance you need for success.
- Reduced operating costs through virtualization technology that makes it possible to pool and share server resources.
- Secured availability with hot-plug redundant components and integrated reliability features.
- Simplified management that lets you quickly and seamlessly integrate into your legacy infrastructures.
- Operating system flexibility that even allows you to run HP-UX 11i, OpenVMS, Linux, and Windows®) simultaneously.
- Multiple application consolidation on one server to reduce costs and speed your ROI.
Finally, Intel Xeon® processors are powerful non-proprietary, industry-standard architecture for longevity, low cost, and flexibility. They are energy efficient with reliability built in with support for virtualization and consolidation. Taken together, HP servers and HP StorageWorks solutions combine to provide the secure, productive platform your need for the complete portfolio of Vignette solutions for managing the information solution.