HP Services and Oracle can help companies like yours identify specific applications that can be moved from legacy systems to open, standards-based servers. This action—migrating specific workloads from mainframe systems to new enterprise computing platforms—can help you reduce operational expenses and risks.
Incorporating HP Servers and Application Modernization Services, and Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware software, this powerful combination is designed to help you analyze your applications portfolio and to modernize onto a new software architecture and enterprise computing platform that provides increased agility and efficiency.
Application Modernization takes the key mainframe attributes and disciplines and merges them to an open systems environment. The following components are at the core of Applications Modernization:
- The Application Modernization Services portfolio from HP Services
- HP market-leading systems and storage working within the Virtual Server Environment (VSE) Reference Architecture
- The Oracle Grid Computing Platform with industry leading SOA capabilities which includes Oracle Database 11g with Real Application Clusters (RAC), and Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control
All of the above contribute to providing you with:
- A path to a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) – providing easy linkage of both legacy and new components with increased agility
- Process Driven Systems – facilitates the orchestration of legacy, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and re-architected components
- Incremental Transition Support – re-hosting for quick initial savings followed by re-architecting
- Enterprise Quality of Service – achieved through the use of hardware and software grids for virtualization, failover, single point management and security
The consulting and integration professionals with HP Services have the expertise in SOA and Modernization design, as well as expertise in the Oracle products that support that design, to not only help you deploy the right components, but also tune them precisely to deliver the results you want. HP Services has made Oracle technologies part of its worldwide competency centers, providing you with access to architecture and consulting services, software and hardware demonstrations, and seminars and hands-on workshops.