Extended Distance Cluster uses software-based data replication and represents the most cost-effective solution for customers seeking to protect their data and maximize application availability.
- Automatic and bi-directional failover of mission-critical data and applications located up to 100 kilometers apart - so both data centers can be active, protected, and capable of handling package failover for one another
- Access to on-demand capacity and the policy-based HP-UX Workload Manager
- Support for up to 16 HP 9000 or HP Integrity servers
- Host-based data replication (Mirrordisk/UX) with any storage device
- Businesses are able to meet stringent recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs).
- Computing resources remain available, even during critical conditions.
- Application downtime is reduced through fast application failover time, and planned downtime is reduced through rolling upgrades.
- Critical data is protected, resources can be pooled, and the recovery process can be easily tested.
When Extended Distance Cluster is appropriate
- Cost is an issue
- High throughput links for maximum performance are desirable
- Dark fiber already exists or is readily available
- An active/active RAC disaster-tolerant solution is required